Our Vision and Mission
The Globalteer Vision
A world where human and animal suffering are minimised and the future of our planet is safeguarded by effectively harnessing the goodwill of people who share our vision.
The Globalteer Mission
- To provide appropriate support to responsible and sustainable projects working in community development, wildlife rescue, and environmental conservation.
- To raise awareness of the plight of the communities with whom we work and create lifelong ambassadors for the projects with which we work.
Globalteer's Charitable Objectives
Globalteer is a registered charity in the UK (registration number 1119706).
As a registered charity, Globalteer is legally required to ensure that 100% of all monies received are used to achieve the charitable objectives.
To promote sustainable development for the benefit of the public by the relief of poverty and the improvement of the conditions of life in socially disadvantaged communities.
Sustainable development means “development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
To promote humane behaviour towards animals by providing appropriate care, protection, treatment and security for animals which are in need of attention by reason of sickness, maltreatment, poor circumstances or ill usage, and to educate the public in matters pertaining to animal welfare in general and the prevention of cruelty and suffering among animals.
- To work with projects that meet genuine local needs, as identified by the communities they serve, and that meet our criteria for sustainability and responsibility.
- To work closely with our partner projects to ensure that all volunteer placements are of genuine value to the project and are in keeping with the projects’ short-term goals and long-term objectives.
- To place suitably experienced volunteers within approved partner projects on tasks where there is a local shortage of necessary skills.
- To encourage the transfer of volunteer skills to local staff wherever possible.
- To help fund the continued development of partner projects through volunteer donations and post-placement volunteer fundraising.
- To help all our partner projects to become fully self-funded and locally managed with minimal requirement for external support.
- To continually assess the needs of the communities with whom we work and identify new partners and new initiatives as necessary.