Child Protection Policy
Globalteer recognises that we have a fundamental duty of care towards all of the children we engage with, including a duty to protect them from abuse. We believe good child protection requires everyone to take responsibility. We recognise that the care and welfare of children is paramount and that all children have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
We achieve this through compliance with UK child protection laws and relevant laws in each of the countries we operate in, as well as by adherence to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) 1989.
Agreeing to this policy is mandatory for all Globalteer staff and volunteers worldwide. Meaning anyone who works for Globalteer, either in a paid or unpaid, full or part time capacity. This includes directly employed staff, trustees, contractors, agency staff, consultants, volunteers, interns and anyone working on behalf of Globalteer.
Globalteer is committed to:
• Valuing, respecting and listening to children
• Ensuring all necessary checks are made when recruiting staff and volunteers
• Adopting and enforcing child protection systems and procedures for staff and volunteers
• Providing a common understanding of child protection issues and ensuring these issues inform staff planning and practice
• Sharing information about child protection and good practice with staff, children and parents/carers. Sharing information about concerns with relevant agencies.
We will provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and will ensure it is communicated and understood.
Globalteer will review this policy annually to reflect any new legal and regulatory developments and ensure best practice.
Click on the link below to open Globalteer's child protection policy: